We learned a lot last week in this webinar Tax Tips for Micro Businesses in Covid-19 Times with Timothy Carter, Supervising Attorney for the Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic in San Francisco, California.
Now you can view the recorded webinar and download the informational presentation.
- View recorded webinar.
- Download PDF of presentation slides Taxes-For-Womens-Business-Center-Updated-4.8.21-A.pdf
- IN ADDITION: Here’s a small business tax workshop series of videos by the IRS.
Mr. Carter’s presentation covered important tax questions geared toward small businesses, including:
- Tax changes due to COVID-19
- Schedule C Form 1040
- Quarterly taxes – What to file and when
- The differences between an employee and a contractor
- W2 and 1099 for employees/contractors
- Sole proprietorship as opposed to S-Corp
- Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) tax credits
REMINDER: The deadline to file 2020 taxes has been extended from April 15 to May 17, 2021.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY The New Growth Women’s Business Center and START HERE Business Acceleration Network, with West Central Missouri Community Action Agency and support from the U.S. Small Business Administration.